adkeystore and adsign

big

adkeystore and adsign

big
Hi,
In R12.2.4
There are two adkeystore.dat and two adsign.txt

one of each in $APPL_TOP/admin

and one of each in $APPL_TOP_NE/ad/admin.

Why? Any explantion?

What are the use of those in $APPL_TOP/admin and those in $APPL_TOP_NE/ad/admin?

Thanks.

Re: adkeystore and adsign

Okay. This is about enhanced jar signing.

adkeystore.dat - the keystore file that is used to sign jar files on the server.
adsign.txt - Used to pass arguments to the JRI during file signing. The first value within this file is your alias.

There can't be 2 files named exactly same in the same directory (in Linux at least).. I guess I couldn't get you..
But I think you re only asking why we have adkeystore.dat and adsign.txt both in APPL_TOP and APPL_TOP_NE...
My answer to that is -> it is because of the implementation.

In Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.x jar signing files are located under the 'Non-Editioned File System' $NE_BASE. In Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 they are located under $APPL_TOP/admin

NE_BASE -> <JRI_DATA_LOC> = $NE_BASE/EBSapps/appl/ad/admin
APPL_TOP_NE ->  $NE_BASE/EBSapps/appl , so this is why you see those files in there.

For Oracle EBS 12.1, 12.0 and 11 ->
<JRI_DATA_LOC> = $APPL_TOP/admin

So, having the dat file there should be a consequence of an EBS upgrade.. I hope you understand what I mean.. Check the contents of the files using tools like keytool and check if they are identical. This will give some clue. But I think this answer should already be okay for you.
big

Re: adkeystore and adsign

big
Hi,
Yes thank you.
Effectively we have upgraded from 11.5.10 and adkeystore.dat in $APPL_TOP/admin is there from our 11.5.10 version.

Regards.

PS: when I say :There are two adkeystore.dat.
I mean one in $APPL_TOP/admin and one in $APPL_TOP_NE/ad/admin.