apps password Veritas Cluster

Roshan
Hello,

I have EBS r12.1 on a cluster for high availability. I have stopped the application services using:
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline HRMS-APPS-CMANAGER   -sys csishrm1
sleep 20;
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_HTTPSVR   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_OACORE   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_OAFM   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline OID-APP   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline OID-APP-LISTENER   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline HRMS-lsnr-cmgr   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline OID-APPS_ORACLE   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_FormSrvr   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_OPMN   -sys csishrm1

before changing APPS password.

When I started it, only the concurrent manager could not be started. It was giving an error message like 'could not connect to ORACLE..' in the conc log file.
conc.txt

We had to run Autoconfig and start it manually using adcmtl.sh

Is there a field in Veritas where the password is hardcoded? so that we the system can be started from Veritas Cluster manager

VeritasCluster.PNG

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

It is invalid user pass error.,
Routine AFPCSQ encountered an ORACLE error. ORA-01017: invalid
username/password; logon denied

How did you change the apps passwd?

Tell me the exacts steps that you have taken

-----I shutdown the application services using:
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline HRMS-APPS-CMANAGER   -sys csishrm1
sleep 20;
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_HTTPSVR   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_OACORE   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_OAFM   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline OID-APP   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline OID-APP-LISTENER   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline HRMS-lsnr-cmgr   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline OID-APPS_ORACLE   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_FormSrvr   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -offline PROD_HRMS_OPMN   -sys csishrm1

----Then I ran the command:
FNDCPASS apps/<appspwd> 0 Y system/manager SYSTEM APPLSYS WELCOME

---- I also changed all schema passwords
FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager ALLORACLE WELCOME

----Then I started application services
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online PROD_HRMS_OPMN   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online PROD_HRMS_FormSrvr   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online OID-APPS_ORACLE   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online OID-APP-LISTENER   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online HRMS-lsnr-cmgr   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online HRMS-APPS-CMANAGER   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online OID-APP   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online PROD_HRMS_HTTPSVR   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online PROD_HRMS_OACORE   -sys csishrm1
/opt/VRTSvcs/bin/hares -online PROD_HRMS_OAFM   -sys csishrm1

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

Did you check the log file of your FNDCPASS run?  Check the logs and if you see any erros during your FNDCPASS run.
Also, Didnt you run autoconfig?  (apps tier autoconfig)
The approach should be "change the password, run autoconfig and restart apps tier. " (also check your autoconfig log to ensure that is it successful)

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

Roshan
The FNDCPASS log did not contain errors. I did not run autoconfig and restart apps tier. Thanks

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

Do the work as I told you in my previous comment and then update me.

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

Roshan
It is OK now. Once we ran autoconfig and restarted apps using script, it was ok.

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

VinodN
Hi Erman, how do you know of so many details/internals? For example, this Routine AFPCSQ. Please suggest a method to learn EBS in depth. Which documents we should study and in which sequence?

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

oracle support (MOS -- you can find detailed information about the topics, which are not directly related with the subject of some MOS documents, which are specially written for specific problems), docs.oracle.com (EBS documentation Library), ETRM (you can access the db objects and their definitions), + your own work/analysis (just try to check the codes and understand them), and our book (Practical Oracle E-Business Suite :)

Try using -> CHATGPT as well ..

Bytheway, you may not need to go that deep everytime..

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

VinodN
Thanks a ton for the valuable information, Erman!
I have been searching for a document, note to understand the role of Fulfillment Server in EBS, to know in detail what it does exactly, but haven't found this info anywhere. Can you please help me here..

Regards,
Vinod

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

VinodN
I asked CHATGPT about the Fulfillment Server and I got the following info from it, is this info correct?:

fulfillment server, which acts as a concurrent manager, orchestrating and overseeing the execution of concurrent programs related to order fulfillment in ebs. It manages the scheduling of various tasks involved in order fulfilment. This includes determining when specific concurrent programs should run, ensuring timely execution of critical processes, and handling dependencies between different tasks. It also allocates and manages resources., does error handing and logging, may initiate appropriate error recovery mechanisms, servers as a communication and integration bridge between the app and the db, it also does performance monitoring.
     It communicates with the db using a combination of SQL statements, PL SQL programs, stored procedures, triggers, views, and database APIs. This interaction is fundamental to managing and processing orders, updating inventory, and performing other tasks related to order fulfillment within Oracle EBS.

Re: apps password Veritas Cluster

Trying it with ChatGPT in these types of cases (where you can't find  any resources for getting the info) is a good idea..
Well.. It is not wrong, but It is not complete either.. It actually depends on what you're looking for...
ChatGPT, when it doesn't know something with all its aspects, just puts everything it knowns (related or not-directly related) to the answer (just like a college student).. Here it is limited.. It actually answers your question with the information it has in the context of concurrent manager.

we have documentation though;

See ->

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/V46499_02/current/acrobat/122xdpig.pdf

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B11454_03/acrobat/amf115ig.pdf