autostart grid

Roshan
Grid 19c
Oracle 19c

Hello Erman,

we have 1 standalone database, which we would like to enable autostart.

As shown below, autostart is already enabled. Kindly advise why DB does not start upon reboot.

[grid@T24R18DBDEV ~]$ srvctl config database -d t24mudr
Database unique name: t24mudr
Database name: t24mu
Oracle home: /oracle/app/product/19.0.0/dbhome_1
Oracle user: oracle
Spfile: +DATA/T24MUDR/PARAMETERFILE/spfilet24mudr.ora
Password file: +DATAC1/T24MUDR/PASSWORD/pwdt24mudr.1706.1120214245
Domain:
Start options: open
Stop options: immediate
Database role: PRIMARY
Management policy: AUTOMATIC
Disk Groups: DATA,DATAC1,RECOC1,FRAC1,OSASHARE,INTERFACE,T24SPOOLDG
Services:
OSDBA group: oinstall
OSOPER group: oinstall
Database instance: t24mudr

Also, we would like to enable volume automatically upon reboot.

asmcmd volenable -G INTERFACE INTERFACE01
asmcmd volenable -G OSASHARE OSASHARE01
asmcmd volenable -G T24SPOOLDG T24SPOOLVOL
asmcmd volenable -G FRAC1 BACKUP

I checked below doc for aumounting ACFS filesystem:
https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/ostmg/steps-manage-acfs.html#GUID-4C98CF06-8CCC-45F1-9316-C40FB3EFF268

/bin/mount -t acfs /dev/asm/osashare01-2 /interface
/bin/mount -t acfs /dev/asm/interface01-433 /osashare
/bin/mount -t acfs /dev/asm/t24spoolvol-112 /t24spool
/bin/mount -t acfs /dev/asm/backup-424 /backup

srvctl add filesystem -device /dev/asm/interface01-433 /osashare -path /osashare
       -user oracle -mtowner sysowner -mtgroup sysgrp -mtperm 755

srvctl add filesystem -device /dev/asm/osashare01-2 /interface -path /interface

Thanks,
Roshan

Re: autostart grid

See database admin guide for this.. Database Administrator’s Guide..

https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/23/admin/configuring-automatic-restart-of-an-oracle-database.html   -- 2 Configuring Automatic Restart of an Oracle Database

For ACFS related question, see the solution documented in the MOS Note : ACFS File System does not Mount After Node Reboot (Doc ID 1552537.1)

some background info for ACFS start sequence:

During OS boots, and Oracle Clusterware is started and the following actions are taken;
OHASD loads the ACFS drivers and start ASM.

In ASM instance startup process, all the appropriate disk groups (listed in the ASM asm_diskgroup parameter) will also be mounted. As part of this disk group mounting process, all the appropriate ASM Dynamic volumes are enabled.

Lataer, the CRS agent starts up and mount the "CRS Managed ACFS filesystems"

CRS agents also start other resources. For instance the oraagent starts up the database. Note that in oırder to success in this step, all the resources necessary ASM, disk groups, volumes, and CRS Managed ACFS filesystems) for the database startup must be already enabled..

Re: autostart grid

Roshan
Thanks a lot Erman.

The link is indeed very insightful.

Unfortunately I will not be able to automount the acfs filesystems with Oracle Restart.

Unable To Register ACFS For Autostart on Standalone 12c (Doc ID 1599836.1)

I will schedule the commands through crontab.