change ebs application users password

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

I have completed a new clone, now the requirement is to change oracle ebs application users password to dummy, we have 300 users in our ebs environment.

How can I change all the ebs application users password .

Need your advice.

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: change ebs application users password

This is already documented.

See -> How to Change Applications Passwords Using Applications Schema Password Change Utility (FNDCPASS or AFPASSWD)? (Doc ID 437260.1)

But if you need some extra, just write some code/script for looping on those commands and executing those commands.

You can also use  fnd_user_pkg.changepassword, but this is not documented in MOS. So it is up to you on your risk. (even if you already tested it..)  You should know what you are doing, if you will use these APIs directly.

Re: change ebs application users password

raiq1
Hi sir,

as per your mentioned note ,

D) To change an Oracle Applications user's password:

FNDCPASS apps/apps 0 Y system/manager USER VISION WELCOME

but in my case, we have 300 users, I need to change all in one shot, how I can achieve.

Basically I have new clone instance and handover this instance to third party vendor, so my management wants to clear all passwords for all the ebs application users.

need your advice.

Regards,
raiq.

Re: change ebs application users password

I already answered that question.

In order to change all the application user passwords in one go, you need to write some script.
You will get the usernames from the fnd_user table, loop and execute the password change utility.(you will loop and execute FNDCPASS or fnd_user_pkg.changepassword)