dropping a restore point in production

raiq1
Dear sir,

Hope you are fine, just explain you about my case today I  faced, I did a switch over activity on Friday morning & sunday  midnight switch back the original state.

I have created a restore point before switch over and switch back activity, today I have dropped restore points in production instance.

After 1 hour , ebs concurrent job are hanging , I bounce the concurrent and all jobs are running fine except 1 custom job, this job takes 2 to 3 minute but now taking hour & hour and it is not finished.

I am worry that dropping a restore point was impact on apps concurrent or there is no link between dropping a restore point and concurrent hanging situation.

Still same job are taking time, what is your suggestion , should I bounce apps & database to fix it or provide me any other solution  to solve this issue.

Kindly guide us,

Regards,
Raiq

Re: dropping a restore point in production

I don't think so. There is no relation between dropping a restore point and slowness of concurrent programs.

You should check the concurrent program (especially its database session) and see the waits there.