fast forward database - test password expiry

fast forward database - test password expiry

Roshan
Hello Erman,

could you please advise how to fast forward the DB to 2 days, as mentioned in the post below?

https://forums.oracle.com/ords/apexds/post/how-can-i-set-account-to-expired-grace-9500

Regards,
Roshan

Re: fast forward database - test password expiry

Fast forward the database? You meant setting the database time to some time in the future?
If yes, then you can do it by changing the OS time..
"The SYSDATE function simply performs a system-call to the Operating System to get the time (a "gettimeofday" call).  Therefore you can not influence the sysdate values by changing database parameters."

You can also do it by playing with timezones but it is more complex. See -> Dates & Calendars - Frequently Asked Questions (Doc ID 227334.1) .. Sections:

14) How do I set up 2 databases with a different SYSDATE / SYSTIMESTAMP time on the same server?
15) How do I set up 1 database with a different SYSDATE / SYSTIMESTAMP time for a 2 different schema's / users?