flashback cleanup

satish
Dear Erman,

We have enabled flashback recently.We have one concern on this.

we have allocated db_recovery_file_dest_size of 100GB.If space is getting exhausted,will oracle be able to clear old flashback logs which passed the retention that is set to 24 hours?
OR Do we have to manually delete the flashback logs?

Thank You

Re: flashback cleanup

Normally yes.
When there is a needed space is needed for archive logs, flashback logs are deleted.
But there is a hard limit for this and that may be an issue when you produce archivelogs in a very high frequency. That hard limit is  _MINIMUM_DB_FLASHBACK_RETENTION value. The default is 1 hour.
See MOS note -> FRA: Flashback logs are not being deleted when space is needed for archive logs (Doc ID 1481739.1)