hcheck error 19c upgrade

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

We are started a upgrade in our newly ODA environement, this is our first iteration .

our current environment is 11g and upgrade to 19c with ASM environment.

As per 19c interoperability notes, we ran the hcheck.sql script and found 1 critical and several potential issue.

Kindly check and advice us.

Regards,
RaiqTEST_ora_74071_HCHECK.trc

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

You have to fix them..

Follow the relevant Oracle Support docs.
For the Critical one -> HCKE-0015 - Orphaned Undo$ (no SEG$) (Doc ID 1360527.1)

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

raiq1
Hi Erman sir,

Dbua is failed at 43%, spatial is invalid and problem in MDSYS.

Also lot of invalid objects in APPS & other schemas, please check the log file and advice me.

Regards,
Raiqdb_upg_diag_TEST_21_Mar_2022_0715.log

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

Spatial component seems invalid.
Please send me a screenshot, so I can see where exactly DBUA is failing, doing what exactly.

But you have lots of invalid, so you should try to compile them and make them valid before the upgrade, before running dbua in the first place.

You got to see "Spatial" valid before upgrade. MDSYS is the Spatial schema and those invalids belong to that schema.

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

raiq1
Hi Erman sir,

i have raised a SR to validate spatial , they have found the synonyms on standard MDSYS objects.

As per support those synonyms should not be there. total 226 synonyms are there and most of them are
APPSRO schema.

Below are the action plan given to oracle.

Drop all the objects returned by the select below:

SELECT OBJECT_NAME,OBJECT_TYPE,OWNER FROM DBA_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_NAME in
(Select OBJECT_NAME from DBA_OBJECTS where owner='MDSYS') and owner not in('MDSYS','PUBLIC');

After they are dropped run:

connect / as sysdba
spool spatial_installation.lst
@?/md/admin/mdinst.sql
spool off

After followed the action plan and dropped all 226 synonyms and ran mdinst.sql script, spatial became valid.

after that completed dbugrade manually through command line.

dbugrade -R

it has started the dbugrade from where it has stopped but issue is still lot of invalid objects.

sending the log file to you.

please check and advice.

Regards,
raiqdb_upg_diag_TEST_22_Mar_2022_0909.log

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

Okay. So your registry components seem VALID now. Good.

You should review the names and errors of those invalid object one by one Raiq..
You sent me the upgrade log but what I can see there is just the counts of the invalid objects..

So now you upgraded your database successfully but you have some concerns because you have some invalids in the standard schemas, right?

As I said above, you should review the errors preventing those objects to be compiled properly.. According to your findings, a patch may be needed, or an action may be required.. In some cases, taking one action fixes multiple invalids..

Count of Invalids by Schema

OWNER        OBJECT_TYPE                                COUNT(*)
------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
APPS         FUNCTION                                          2
APPS         MATERIALIZED VIEW                                 1
APPS         PACKAGE                                          18
APPS         PACKAGE BODY                                    356
APPS         PROCEDURE                                         2
APPS         VIEW                                            243
APPSRO       SYNONYM                                         221
XXBLABLA     MATERIALIZED VIEW                                 3
XXBLABLA     PROCEDURE                                         4

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

raiq1
Hi Erman sir,

Sure will try to solve all invalid objects issue, one more problem i have faced to configure utl_file_dir .

perl $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/bin/txkCfgUtlfileDir.pl -contextfile=$CONTEXT_FILE \
-oraclehome=$ORACLE_HOME -outdir=$ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/log -mode=syncUtlFileDir

first we have faced below error and fix that error to followed the note Doc ID 2158450.1

 Non supported character set (add orai18n.jar in your classpath): AR8ISO8859P6

after followed the note, add oracle home in the classpath and issue is resolved.

Now second issue are autoconfig is failed , sending the auto config log file to you.

Kindly check & advice to fix this issue.

Regards,
Raiqadconfig.log

Re: hcheck error 19c upgrade

This is a new issue, please create a seperate issue for this.