mariadb locks

Roshan
Hello Erman,

deadlock was detected on a table on mariadb. We stopped/killed all sessions(same like oracle alter system kill session immediate...) on that table. still update showed locks on table(same like oracle).

But when we ran

SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS

no locks were displayed.

Why is this?
Thanks,
Roshan

Re: mariadb locks

I m not an expert in Mariadb but once you got Oracle , those types of databases are easy to deal with. That's why, I may recommend you some actions ->

Set the following parameter and then check with that deadlock reporting command-> innodb_print_all_deadlocks = ON

If those deadlocks are appearing again and again, no  matter what.. Then your app is the cause. You should consider changing the behavior of the app which causes this deadlock.