monitor exadata

Roshan
Hello Erman,

I would like to setup a dashboard to capture and display real time metrics from Exadata on ELK.
https://blogs.oracle.com/exadata/post/exadata-real-time-insight

Can you please advise any place where I can get detailed documentation for setup?

Thanks,
Roshan

Re: monitor exadata

Re: monitor exadata

They say : "The dashboarding of metrics is an absolute art form, and not something I'll be going through today. For our internal fleets of Exadata machines, some very talented people in our Development team have taken the time to build out several linked dashboards using one of the more popular observability solutions, Grafana and Prometheus."

Read the "I Want That!" section of "https://blogs.oracle.com/exadata/post/exadata-real-time-insight"

Re: monitor exadata

Roshan
Thanks for the update. ELK has already been setup at our end and few metrics are already enabled. As such, we would like your advise on whether below might cause performance impact?

OK, lets turn the tap on. Back in CellCLI and DBMCLI:
CellCLI> alter cell metricFGCollIntvlInSec=5
CellCLI> alter cell metricStreamIntvlInSec=60
CellCLI> alter cell metricStreamTags='{"fleet":"ExaPM","pod":"xd01","cluster":"c01"}'
CellCLI> alter cell metricStreamEndPoint=((host="http://elk_demo_system.localdomain:8080",type="json"))

Re: monitor exadata

You are asking about the attributes that are related with collect & upload frequencies. These are intervals.

The lower these numbers the lower the frequency the lower the workload, but! metrics to-be-captured are also important in terms of perf impact. Anyways, there is no info about the performance impact. You will test & see .. Update me if you find something.