mount point

Roshan
Hello,

I am trying to mount a storage from fstab.

pastedImage_0.png
pastedImage_1.png

I cannot mount it directly.

Regards,

Roshan

Re: mount point

Hi Roshan,

Did you write the exported path in the /etc/exports file?

the /etc/exports file specifies the exported directory and the hosts permitted to access it, as in the following example:
/exported/directory yourhost.yourdomain.com (or you can write the ip of the host that you are trying to mount the nfs)

Another example /etc/exports file:

/another/exported/directory 192.168.0.3(rw,sync)

Read this article for further info:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Deployment_Guide/s1-nfs-server-config-exports.html

Re: mount point

Roshan
Hi,

how will I know the exported path and hostname from the screenshot above?

Regards,

Roshan

Re: mount point

You can not know from that screenshot.
But according to your input, and according to the error you are getting, I suspect that it is not exported.

You can use smblient to list the exported shares.

Example:

 showmount -e <NFS_SERVER_IP>

Re: mount point

Roshan
exportNFS.PNG

Do I need to include all these in /etc/exports?

Re: mount point

Roshan
PING rhis-isil-is.mtg.local (10.180.2.78) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from rhis-isil-is.mtg.local (10.180.2.78): icmp_seq=1 ttl=61 time=0.862                                          ms

Re: mount point

I see /ifs/mtbackup in your showmount output.. There are ip addresses written in the right side of the output.
So is this mtbackup NFS share exported for your server ip or not?

Re: mount point

Roshan
No.. my server IP address is 10.210.29.228
I can't see this IP. Should I add it?

Re: mount point

yes. you need to add your server ip to the export list.

15 Şub 2017 13:57 tarihinde "Roshan [via Erman Arslan's Oracle Forum]" <[hidden email]> yazdı:
No.. my server IP address is 10.210.29.228
I can't see this IP. Should I add it?

http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.2340467.n4.nabble.com/mount-point-tp2150p2157.html
To start a new topic under Linux, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Erman Arslan's Oracle Forum, click here.
NAML

Re: mount point

Roshan
It is ok now. Thanks :)