open zfs

Roshan
This post was updated on .
Hello Erman,

kindly advise if open zfs can be used to refresh databases. Does it support Oracle?

Thanks,
Roshan

Re: open zfs

It may work.. Snapshot based refreshes I mean.
In Oracle, there is no document about it. So it wont be supported.. Oracle is more likely to go with Oracle Solaris ZFS and Oracle ACFS snapshots. but Amazon does it... Here is an example - >
https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/storage/synchronize-your-oracle-databases-quickly-and-easily-with-amazon-fsx-for-openzfs/

Re: open zfs

Roshan
Thanks a lot Erman. How can i migrate on premise asm db to fsx filesystems on Amazon?

Re: open zfs

This is a question for Amazon.
But check the link that I sent to you carefully, there you will find your answer.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/storage/synchronize-your-oracle-databases-quickly-and-easily-with-amazon-fsx-for-openzfs/