read only filesystem

Roshan
RHEL 6.7

Hello Erman,

can you please advise why writer is not working on the NFS below? I mounted same on Solaris server but writer is working fine there.

mkdir: cannot create directory `test': Read-only file system

os5500.mtg.local:/NFS/DWARE  /bkdw  nfs rw,hard,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,proto=tcp,vers=4,timeo=600,actimeo=0 0 0

Regards,

Roshan

Re: read only filesystem

You have rw as an argument to that mount, but what about /etc/exports ? Did you exported this NFS share read write on the NFS host?

Re: read only filesystem

Roshan
The host IP on which the NFS is mounted

 showmount -e os5500.mtg.local
/NFS/DWARE                     10****, 10.124.0.88

[root@RH-DATWHSE-DEV backupdw]# cat /etc/exports
/NFS/DWARE 10.124.0.88

write.jpg

Re: read only filesystem

Roshan
whe I do ls -ltr on this directory is nobody:nobody

drwxrwxrwx    8 nobody nobody      12 Nov 30 08:29 backupdw

Re: read only filesystem

modify /etc/exports and add (rw)

example: /usr/share/doc client01(rw)

then exportfs -a, remount and retry

Re: read only filesystem

Roshan
I did the steps but again same error. Why is the permission set to nobody:nobody
drwxrwxrwx    8 nobody nobody      13 Nov 30 19:19 backup

Re: read only filesystem

You have an id mapping problem, so your configuration is incomplete..

Check the following link. (It seems okay)

https://www.thegeekdiary.com/nfsv4-mountpoint-shows-incorrect-ownerships-as-nobodynobody-in-centos-rhel/

Follow the actions described in the link above.. If you have any questions, I will try to help.