restore data pump

Roshan
Oracle 12.2.0
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.9 (Maipo)
Hello Erman,

could you please advise if there is an order to follow while importing dumpfiles,i.e, should we import the metadata first then other dump files? Actually, we did an export of a schema followed by metadata export.
import24Aug23.log
import24Aug23_2.log
import28Aug23_3.log
import28Aug23_meta.log
T24PROD.elog
T24PROD.elog
T24PROD.elog
T24PROD.elog

Re: restore data pump

What is your purpose of exporting?
Where will you import these dumps?
Are you migrating your database to a different platform? (cross-platform) or what?

Re: restore data pump

Roshan
In fact we got a request to refresh our dev environment. As such, we are using schema export dumps which are scheduled daily.

It is same platform migration.

Re: restore data pump

Okay. Then you don't need any metadata action there.. expdp/impdp will handle all of it.
impdp and expdp have lots of parameters, which can be used according to the needs. So declare your needs, check the parameters, write your expdp and impdp commands. Test it and lastly scriptize it.