su hangs

Roshan
Red Hat Linux Centiago 6.8

Hello Erman,

how are you?

we have 1 Linux server. When we login as a sudo user and switch to another nonsudo user, it works fine (I am able to access the shell of other user).

When I login as root and switch to another non sudo user, it hangs on su command.

strace.out

Please advise.

Regards,

Roshan

Re: su hangs

Just made a quick check.
It seems we are looping there, waiting for something.. I see a futex just before the kill..

FUTEX_CLOCK_REALTIME EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)

Do you have any custom scripts or commands that are in the profile or bash profile of that su user?

Re: su hangs

Also collect the strace output with the following;

strace -fxvttT -s 2048 -o /tmp/strace.txt <command>

Re: su hangs

Roshan
Thanks Erman.. I will check on that