unable to authenticate session-R12

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

Hope you are doing well, I am having a issue , just converted our DR database to snapshot database. Make sure we have active, passive environment. our environment are 12.1.3 with 19c.

After converting a snapshot database and configure DR application. once we opened a EBS Home page like EBS production home page , it has opened fine but at the same time in another tab when I opened a DR EBS home page it has given unable to authenticate session.

I have cleared a cache, compile jsps etc but same issue persist.

just checked the support note (Doc ID 1159313.1) , my issue is similar that have mentioned in this note.

as per the note , select query are given null value in DR snapshot, but the query result 3 are showing the same output PROD in Application_Databases_id for both production & DR .

Kindly advice me , how to fix this issue and I am able to open both EBS pages on the same firefox tabs.

Screenshot are attached.screenshot_message.JPG

Regards,
Raiq.

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

This seems like a cookie name problem.. Probably PROD and DR have the same cookie name..
It seems you already found the correct MOS note to deal with the issue.
-- Just want to remind.. After you do an update on the critical profile options like the one given in the MOS note, restarting the apps tier (and then retrying the problematic process) is a good idea.

1)Verify the cookie names on both of the instances;
select FND_SESSION_MANAGEMENT.getsessioncookiename() from dual;

select SESSION_COOKIE_NAME from ICX_PARAMETERS;

2) Are APPS_DATABASE_ID values the same on PROD and DR?

select p.profile_option_name,
decode(v.level_id,
10001,'SITE',
10002, (select 'App:'||a.application_short_name
from fnd_application a
where a.application_id = v.level_value),
10003, (select 'Resp:'||f.RESPONSIBILITY_KEY
from fnd_responsibility f
where f.responsibility_id = v.level_value),
10004, (select 'User:'||u.user_name
from fnd_user u
where u.user_id = v.level_value),
10005, (select 'Server:'||n.node_name
from fnd_nodes n
where n.node_id = v.level_value),
10006, (select 'Org:'|| o.name
from hr_operating_units o
where o.organization_id = v.level_value),
'NOT SET') PROF_LEVEL,
nvl(v.profile_option_value,'NOT SET') profile_option_value
from
fnd_profile_options p,
fnd_profile_option_values v
where
p.profile_option_id = v.profile_option_id (+)
and p.application_id = v.application_id (+)
and p.profile_option_name = 'APPS_DATABASE_ID'
order by 1, v.level_id;

3) It the outut of the following same on PROD and DR? This is not expected, but in some config people prefer to have the same host and instance names to be quickly up on DR in case of a failover or switch.

select host_name, instance_name from v$instance;

Note that,  a default cookie name is generated from the SQL  select host_name, instance_name from v$instance;

4)Make a general health check on your DR EBS.. Check tablespaces, invalid objects and everything.. (including the relevant logs --> oacore+apache+DB / FND log messages as well)  That error(unable to authenciate) may also be misleading.

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

raiq1
Hi Erman sir,

As per your advice, I have ran the queries for both PROD & DR apps server , and the output is same are PROD.

Basically we have a plan for switchover & switchback in coming weekend to test DR. Before doing this task, I have convert our DR to Snapshot database and configure apps in DR machine to check all configuration and EBS connectivity.

This issue is occurred after apps are configured with snapshot DR database.

Below are the output for your queries for both PROD & DR.

PROD
=====
SQL> select FND_SESSION_MANAGEMENT.getsessioncookiename() from dual;

FND_SESSION_MANAGEMENT.GETSESSIONCOOKIENAME()
PROD

SQL> select SESSION_COOKIE_NAME from ICX_PARAMETERS;

SESSION_COOKIE_NAME
------------------------------

SQL > select p.profile_option_name,
[...]

PROFILE_OPTION_NAME
PROF_LEVEL
PROFILE_OPTION_VALUE
APPS_DATABASE_ID
SITE
PROD

SQL> select host_name, instance_name from v$instance;

HOST_NAME
INSTANCE_NAME
----------------
proddb01
PRODCDB

DR MACHINE OUTPUT
===============

Below are the output of DR snapshot.

[...]

Kindly check the output for both queries and advice .

Reqards,
Raiq

SQL>

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

1)Did you check the dbc file in the $FND_SECURE directory and ensure there is no an entry for ICX_COOKIE_NAME?

2) If you start another the browser session for DR login, does the same issue occur?

3)What if you change the profile option value (APPS_DATABASE_ID) / or set it to null in the DR instance and restart DR EBS? Does it solve your problem?

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

raiq1
Hi Erman sir,

Below are the output of dbc file for DR server, not found any ICX_COOKIE_NAME.

[applmgr@prodappsdr secure]$ more PROD.dbc
#DB Settings
#Sat Jan 28 17:34:04 AST 2023
GUEST_USER_PWD=GUEST/ORACLE
APPL_SERVER_ID=F353BED819B162E6E053146910ACF83637323579681137888988233640707042
FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_INTERVAL=300
APPS_JDBC_DRIVER_TYPE=THIN
FND_JDBC_BUFFER_MIN=1
GWYUID=APPLSYSPUB/PUB
FND_JDBC_BUFFER_MAX=5
APPS_JDBC_URL=jdbc\:oracle\:thin\:@(DESCRIPTION\=(ADDRESS_LIST\=(LOAD_BALANCE\=YES)(FAILOVER\=YES)(ADDRESS\=(PROTO
COL\=tcp)(HOST\=proddr.xyz.com)(PORT\=1531)))(CONNECT_DATA\=(SERVICE_NAME\=ebs_PROD)))
FND_JDBC_STMT_CACHE_SIZE=100
TWO_TASK=PROD
JDBC\:oracle.jdbc.maxCachedBufferSize=358400
JDBC\:processEscapes=true
FND_MAX_JDBC_CONNECTIONS=500
FND_JDBC_USABLE_CHECK=false
FNDNAM=APPS
FND_JDBC_PLSQL_RESET=false
DB_PORT=1531
FND_JDBC_CONTEXT_CHECK=true
FND_JDBC_BUFFER_DECAY_SIZE=5
DB_HOST=proddr.xyz.com

Kindly advice.

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

What about the answers for 2) and 3) ?

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

raiq1
Hi,

Query 2 has same issue but in Query3 , I have changed the Application_database_id profile to Blank, it was PROD before.

after that bounce the ebs application for DR . Now I am able to open both EBS application Home page in one fire fox session with 2 tab.

But the now issue is Out Post Processor not coming up and Actual are 0 and Target is 5 , tried to terminate and restart the process but OPP not coming up.

screenshot are attached , kindly advice to bring up OPP .

Regards,
Raiqopp_error.JPG

Re: unable to authenticate session-R12

This is a new question. Please create a seperate thread for this.