unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

raiq1
pic2.jpgDear Erman sir,

I am trying to connect my oracle linux server through vnc viewer in my Desktop PC but it has given the error.

i have created a new connection and given the password but in oracle linux server console the popup message are appeared that keyring are locked.

Kindly check the attached 2 files and advice us.

Regards,
Raiqpic1.JPG

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

*Send me the keyring-related screenshot.
*Send me the related part of the /var/log/messages
*Please provide your Oracle Linux version.

--I see a solution for a similar case here -> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/163333

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

raiq1
Dear Erman,

As per your query,below is the details.

a) oracle Linux 6.7 version.

b) in the above pic , already uploaded. check pic2 in above .

c) for /var/log/messages, below is the log messages.

Mar  7 03:06:02 proddb22 rsyslogd: [origin software="rsyslogd" swVersion="5.8.10" x-pid="8005" x-info="ht
tp://www.rsyslog.com"] rsyslogd was HUPed
Mar  7 13:16:03 proddb22 kernel: EXT4-fs (sde1): error count: 8
Mar  7 13:16:03 proddb22 kernel: EXT4-fs (sde1): initial error at 1499229053: ext4_reserve_inode_write:47
44
Mar  7 13:16:03 proddb22 kernel: EXT4-fs (sde1): last error at 1499229063: ext4_journal_start_sb:351
Mar  8 13:17:50 proddb22 kernel: EXT4-fs (sde1): error count: 8
Mar  8 13:17:50 proddb22 kernel: EXT4-fs (sde1): initial error at 1499229053: ext4_reserve_inode_write:47
44
Mar  8 13:17:50 proddb22 kernel: EXT4-fs (sde1): last error at 1499229063: ext4_journal_start_sb:351
Mar  8 15:22:19 proddb22 gnome-keyring-daemon[2672]: Couldn't unlock login keyring with provided password
Mar  8 15:22:19 proddb22 gnome-keyring-daemon[2672]: Failed to unlock login on startup
Mar  8 15:22:21 proddb22 seahorse-daemon[2783]: DNS-SD initialization failed: Daemon not running
Mar  8 15:22:21 proddb22 seahorse-daemon[2783]: init gpgme version 1.1.8
Mar  8 15:22:21 proddb22 kernel: fuse init (API version 7.20)
Mar  8 15:22:21 proddb22 kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Mar  8 15:22:21 proddb22 kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
Mar  8 15:22:22 proddb22 vmusr[2837]: [ warning] [Gtk] Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "cle
arlooks",

Regards,

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

Okay..

It seems there is a mismatch between the OS users password and the keyring password.

Try this action plan;

mv /home/<username>/.gnome2/keyrings/login.keyring  /tmp
logout and login again.. ( with the same user )..

After these moves, a new keyring file should be created in the backend, so the issue will be solved.

If the issue persists, we have other actions plans to suggest.. But for now, try the action plan and update me.

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

raiq1
Dear Erman sir,

Before apply this in production, i will make sure that it will not affect our ongoing operation or any type of issue , can i apply this fix without any harm.

Please confirm me.

Regards,

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

Test it on a TEST environment, then take the action in PROD.

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

raiq1
dear Erman,

Test have no issue,only problem in production. my goal is to connect vnc viewer from pc desktop to oracle linux database server to run graphic and database upgrade GUI.

hope you understand my point.

Regards,

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

Your problem is " Couldn't unlock login keyring with provided password" and there is a mismatch between the OS users password and the keyring password.

This is probably caused by changing the user password without changing the keyring password.. This can also be caused by some corruption in  /home/.gnome2/keyrings/keyring.XXX file.

So, as you know the causes you may "reproduce" the problem on your TEST instance.. Got the point right?
Then you can take the actions provided in my previous updates and see if it resolves the issue in the TEST environment.. Then you can consider taking those actions in PROD.

Re: unable to connect Vnc Viewer through remote server

raiq1
Dear erman sir,

I have connect to root id and the login.keyring file information are there.

cd /root/.gnome2/keyrings

[root@proddb22 keyrings]# ls -ltr
total 4
-rw-------. 1 root root 527 Feb 10  2016 login.keyring
[root@proddb22 keyrings]#

Now can i move login.keyring file to /tmp folder and logout from Console root user and login again.

after that it will create a new keyring file with same root password that i gives after login again .

Kindly confirm me.

regards,