xtts

Roshan
Hello Erman,

I am using XTTS to migrate a few tablespaces to target DB. After phase 3 completes, in phase 4, should I create the schemas when the tablespaces are read/write on target?

https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/DocumentDisplay?_afrLoop=190276551673958&id=2471245.1&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=y6vmlv7yd_102

Regards,

Roshan

Re: xtts

Just follow the document..
Do what it says. You take the tablespaces in read/write mode in phase 6.

Re: xtts

Roshan
Hello Erman,

in phase 5, kindly advise how to pre create owners? shall I export full=y metadata_only?

This includes pre-creating the owners of the tables in the tablespace being plugged in. See information on Transportable Tablespace and the guidance provided in the MAA paper Platform Migration Using Transportable Tablespaces: Oracle Database 11g.

Re: xtts

short answer -> use data pump.
Ref: Oracle Support

NOTE: Only those database objects that are physically located in the tablespace(s) being transported will be copied to the destination system. Other objects, such as users, pl/sql objects, sequences, views etc., located in the SYSTEM tablespace will not be transported. ****You will need to pre-create the users and copy such objects to the destination system, possibly using data pump ->

Ref:
Oracle Database 12c: Full Transportable Export/Import
https://www.oracle.com/assets/full-transportable-wp-12c-1973971.pdf
and/or
MAA paper Platform Migration Using Transportable Tablespaces: Oracle Database.
https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/availability/maa-wp-11g-platformmigrationtts-129269.pdf