PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

baig
Dear Erman,

hope you are doing good.

PDB creation failed during upgrade. it throws the below error.

*******FATAL ERROR*******
PROGRAM : (txkChkPDBCompatability.pl)
TIME : Mon Aug 2 07:36:20 2021
FUNCTION: main::checkPDBCompatibility [ Level 1 ]
ERRORMSG: PDB compatability check did not go through successfully.
*******FATAL ERROR*******

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by 128 in tablespace TEMP1
ORA-06512: at line 13
ORA-06512: at line 13

tried to extend the space in temp table space and tried running pdb creation script it throws the below error.

DECLARE
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-65012: Pluggable database PTJ already exists.
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_PDB", line 32
ORA-06512: at line 2

Please advise.

Thanks

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

The general flow for PDB conversion in EBS is as follow;

Converting the upgraded database to Multitenant
Creating the PDB descriptor
Disabling the ENCRYPTION_WALLET_LOCATION sqlnet.ora entry (conditional)
Updating the CDB initialization parameters
Checking for PDB violations (review and resolve the errors if there are any)
Creating the PDB (run txkCreatePDB.pl)
Running the post PDB script (txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl)

-->I guess you failed while executed txkCreatePDB.pl failed.
It seems it could create the PDB in the previous run and that's why it encounters errors now.

Please send me the exact command that you executed..

I think, you should revert back the changes that the txkCreatePDB.pl has done in the earlier run and re-execute the txkCreatePDB.pl

Check this note -> How to restore if non-CDB to PDB conversion fails? (Doc ID 2785792.1)

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

baig

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

baig
Hi

 perl txkCreatePDB.pl -dboraclehome=/p05/oraptj/UPGRD/db/tech_st/19.0.0/dbhome_1 -outdir=/p05/oraptj/UPGRD/db/tech_st/19.0.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/log -cdbsid=TEST -pdbsid=PTJ -dbuniquename=TEST -servicetype=onpremise

tried to follow this document Create Pluggable Database Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed (Doc ID 2774707.1) but it didnt help.

I was having six invalid objects and after trying the solution from above document it doesnt show anymore.

how can i undo alter system set "_skip_app_object_check"=TRUE SCOPE=both; I tried to set it false but still those invalid objects are not visible.

Thanks

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

You told that you have the following error at the moment;

ORA-65012: Pluggable database PTJ already exists

So, your conversion is in instable state and that's why I sent you my previous update.

As for that parameter you will set it to false , with scope=both

you can't see those invalid objects huh? So you may already compiled them (by executing utlrp), so they may not invalid anymore :)

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

baig
hi,

I havent taken backup before this step and its a test server without DR.

is there any procedure to roll back the process or restart it ? All the steps till pdb creation were done successfully.

I have a backup before running dbua.

Thanks.

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

Seems no. There may be manual steps to be taken to rollback the created PDB but I wouldn't get into that.
So rollback to before DBUA, repeat the actions.. It is already a test server, a little more practice never hurt anyone. this environment is already down at the moment right? So do it that way..

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

baig
Dear Erman,

i restored the db and followed the procedure again. I was able to finish the above failed step succesfully.

I was trying to run the Run the post PDB script but it gives me below error. saying the system password is incorrect.

*******FATAL ERROR*******
PROGRAM : (txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl)
TIME    : Sun Aug  8 10:43:40 2021
FUNCTION: main::validateSystemSchemaCredentials [ Level 1 ]
ERRORMSG: Invalid SYSTEM database user credentials.
*******FATAL ERROR*******
PROGRAM : (txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl)
TIME    : Sun Aug  8 10:43:40 2021
FUNCTION: main::validateSystemSchemaCredentials [ Level 1 ]
ERRORMSG: Invalid SYSTEM database user credentials.
[oracle4@schodev bin]$ vi /p05/oraptj/UPGRD/db/tech_st/19.0.0/dbhome_1/appsutilog/TXK_POST_PDB_Sun_Aug_8_10_40_59_2021/validate_system_password.log

please advise.

Thanks for your support.

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

if you can't login to the PDB using $ sqlplus <USER_ID>/<PASSWORD>@<PDB NAME>, then it might be related with the sqlnet.ora parameters. -- SQLNET.ALLOWED_LOGON_VERSION_SERVER

Check the MOS note -> txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl failed with ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied (Doc ID 2785977.1)

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

baig
Hi Erman,

I tried to alter the system user and run the script it completed but autoconfig completed with errors.

completed pdb creation and while running post pdb script. The script got completed but autoconfig was completed with errors.

perl txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl -dboraclehome=/p05/oraptj/UPGRD/db/tech_st/19.0.0/dbhome_1 -outdir=/p05/oraptj/UPGRD/db/tech_st/19.0.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/log -cdbsid=TEST -pdbsid=PTJ -appsuser=apps -dbport=1551 -servicetype=onpremise

error in autoconfig log file :

WARNING: [CVM Error Report]
The following report lists errors encountered during CVM Phase
<filename> <return code where appropriate>
/p05/oraptj/UPGRD/db/tech_st/19.0.0/dbhome_1/appsutil/bin/txkCfgUtlfileDir.sh 1

No. of scripts failed in CVM phase: 1

checked the txkCfgUtlfileDir.log it says

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
(*******FATAL ERROR*******
PROGRAM : (txkCfgUtlfileDir.pl)
TIME    : Sun Aug  8 13:41:11 2021
FUNCTION: main::validateAppsSchemaCredentials [ Level 1 ]
ERRORMSG: Invalid APPS database user credentials.
)
ERRORCODE = 1 ERRORCODE_END

unable to connect instance with apps user.

Thanks for your support.

Re: PDB Using txkCreatePDB.pl PDB conversion failed

Did you check the note below;

 txkPostPDBCreationTasks.pl failed with ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied (Doc ID 2785977.1)