Question on VPN -OCI

satish
Hi Erman,

We have got one compute VM with 4 OCPU and Oracle Base database service with 5 OCPU. This is for OCI PASS for apex application...Other thread  related ---> http://erman-arslan-s-oracle-forum.124.s1.nabble.com/PAAS-oracle-cloud-td12258.html.

Concern is:

There is no discussion about VPN in the BOM.

Is VPN mandatory to connect to servers?
Is VPN manadatory for development team to develop application?

Can you share your expertise.

Thank You,
SG

Re: Question on VPN -OCI

I don't think so. If you need a VPN, you can enforce it..
You have multiple options for Apex login and protecting the login..

See -> https://jmjcloudblog.hashnode.dev/use-oci-to-access-your-apex-applications-joelkallmanday

Re: Question on VPN -OCI

satish
Thanks for the update.With the below configuration,we think we have to create customer managed ords. In this case,we think we need access to the server to install and configure ords. Can we do this without vpn in oci?

Oracle Base Database Service - Enterprise Edition OCPU --> 5 for prod and 2 for UAT
Virtual Machine(VM.Standard3.Flex) - Compute Standard-X9 OCPU--> 2 for PROD and 2 for UAT

Thank you

Re: Question on VPN -OCI

Yes why not.. These are on OCI.. You don't need VPN (it is not a must) to access your OCI resources.

Re: Question on VPN -OCI

satish
Hi erman,

One question came up.

For end users for prod and uat,we will configure load balancers. But for development,without VPN, how will the developers connect and work on development activities.

Pls suggest. We are counting on you.

Thanks
SGU

Re: Question on VPN -OCI