how to create a dblink from oracle to sql server

how to create a dblink from oracle to sql server

baig
Hi,

I am trying to create a dblink to access a sql server from oracle.

I have configured dblinks successfully from oracle to oracle database.

i have created the db link with below pattern

==> MSSQL=
        (DESCRIPTION=
                (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.10.54)(PORT=1433))
            (CONNECT_DATA=
                      (SID=mypdssql)  ===> THIS SID SHOULD BE FOR THE TARGET SQL DATABASE?
            )
                        (HS=OK)
          )

please suggest.

also when i am trying to tnsping the sql server from oracle it throws the following error.
[oratest@hopdb1 ABC_hopdb1]$ tnsping MSSSQL

TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on 22-DEC-2020 16:02:37

Copyright (c) 1997, 2014, Oracle.  All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
/u01/ABC/db/tech_st/12.1.0/dbhome_1/network/admin/ABC_hopdb1/sqlnet_ifile.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias
Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=192.168.10.54)(PORT=1433)) (CONNECT_DATA= (SID=mypdssql)))
TNS-12537: TNS:connection closed

Re: how to create a dblink from oracle to sql server

Please read the following blog post ->

https://ermanarslan.blogspot.com/2016/01/rdbms-oracle-to-sqlserver-dblink.html

I have already done this kind of a setup years ago, and documented it in that blog post.

Review it.. If you still can't fix your problem, update me again.

Re: how to create a dblink from oracle to sql server

baig
Hi,

ok i will try and update you.

Thanks

Re: how to create a dblink from oracle to sql server

sri8580
Hi..

Really thanks for ur valuable information - It helped me a lot

Regards,
Srija,
Oracle Developer

Re: Best Oracle SOA Training

chaituviswa
Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Excellent choice of colors!

Oracle SOA Training Institute from India, Hyderabad

Re: how to create a dblink from oracle to sql server

ChurchillBell
Oh, I found a great forum where they discuss everything in detail and sort out the problem together, it's cool, I love you guys!